casa 265 ST

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

thanks for that hopefully il get it sorted so its enjoyable to ride maybe next year if not this
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

If you’re happy with all other aspects of the engine, why not get another top end? There are quite a few options out there. It’s a whole lot of money for any of the Casa Case engine options. If you chose a kit that is known to work with your other base components, you’d probably only be into It £500-600. That’s whole lot less than the Casa option, which by the sounds of it come with some of their own issues too. You could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire...food for thought.
wintermod65

i did a post along those lines before on here the mugello 240 one , as a club mate has a 225 version , i was going to retain the crank but someone reminded me the gt crank is a different small end size .
so kit is £450 good race crank is £250 plus cost of stripping them off engine and refitting mugello kit.
the sx 200/ TV 175 gearbox is the worst ive ever had in any scooter or bike the big gap between 3rd an 4th mafe running in hideous which isnt good news as ive got a tv175 S3 thats about 95% done .im also not that happy with the bgm v4 clubman either, if i fitted the mugello id go fof the CST under kickstart pipe another £475 .an i had doubts cast on the ignition systems but i got one of the new casa ducati systems as a replacement before dropping the scooter back to restorers last year as a precaution .

basically changing out all these parts means il essentially have a mugello 225 thats cost as much as a 265 SST . which is why i decided just to go for the SST if i could get some positive rider reviews like the one that was left at the start of this thread .

it would be great to get the GT engine issue sorted as i when i sell it id recoup more cash towards the new engine that way , otherwise id have to get it stripped down an sell bits individually on ebay which i wouldnt find fun !
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

wintermod65 wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 1:49 am i did a post along those lines before on here the mugello 240 one , as a club mate has a 225 version , i was going to retain the crank but someone reminded me the gt crank is a different small end size .
so kit is £450 good race crank is £250 plus cost of stripping them off engine and refitting mugello kit.
the sx 200/ TV 175 gearbox is the worst ive ever had in any scooter or bike the big gap between 3rd an 4th mafe running in hideous which isnt good news as ive got a tv175 S3 thats about 95% done .im also not that happy with the bgm v4 clubman either, if i fitted the mugello id

go fof the CST under kickstart pipe another £475 .an i had doubts cast on the ignition systems but i got one of the new casa ducati systems as a replacement before dropping the scooter back to restorers last year as a precaution .

basically changing out all these parts means il essentially have a mugello 225 thats cost as much as a 265 SST . which is why i decided just to go for the SST if i could get some positive rider reviews like the one that was left at the start of this thread .

it would be great to get the GT engine issue sorted as i when i sell it id recoup more cash towards the new engine that way , otherwise id have to get it stripped down an sell bits individually on ebay which i wouldnt find fun !
That’s fair enough.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

A friend of mine also had seizure issues with the GT240 kit (actually it was the 250 version) and it turned out to be ignition related, it was advancing despite being static. Sorted that and no issues since.
wintermod65

Burnside wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:16 am A friend of mine also had seizure issues with the GT240 kit (actually it was the 250 version) and it turned out to be ignition related, it was advancing despite being static. Sorted that and no issues since.
thats interesting cheers for mentioning it i wanted a full dc set up so went for the bgm dc ignition wassel reg etc .
only the stator wouldnt time up it wandered as you increased revs . an indian ac stator timed fine so that proved the dc bgm stator was the issue .
i stil wanted a dc set up so got one of anthony tambs stators and it timed up fine , the bgm wassel reg blew in less than 300 miles so got a tambs dc regulator .
so current set up fitted is bgm flywheel and cdi tambs stator an regulator . from fitting to just over the 1000 miles i havent noticed any issues with it starting wise ,battery charging etc .

if its possible to check the timing on a dyno especially around the 3rd /4th change point 45-50mph that might identify or rule out the ignition as being the source of the problem .

ive got a casa ducati sport system to go on if my ignition set up is the culprit , down side is its ac with a dc feed . the SST motor will have this fitted out of the box so a spare ignition isnt a bad thing to have
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

^... I had a similar issue with various stator and flywheel combos before the Spanish Euro. Lots of faultless running in until I started to test my freshly built spare stator, which gave me siezure issues. Nothing else had changed so I strobed it again and found it was advancing at higher revs. Playing with alignment couldn't resolve it so I tried a different flywheel and found that was rock solid with both stators... and zero problems since.
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

I don’t have SST experience but I have built a SS250 with a casa case. I am currently using a li150 box and a Af clutch and exhaust and a series 2 side casing all breathing through a 34mm dellorto and a casa ignition This engine pulls and pulls and I intend to put a 5 speed at some point when funds allow.
I have spent £3500 ish in this engine and for touring it fantastic it with a good top speed of 80mph. Not sure on fuel consumption as not measured it.
So far I have covered 600 miles with and I love it, I have a tuned ts230 and it out performs that but they are 2 different beasts.
I would say go for it, my experience if casa parts is nothing but positive
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

So for grammar as on phone and I am illiterate 😂
coaster

LI150 wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 6:59 am...... a series 2 side casing
That's likely to be a weak link, s2 side casing are prone to breaking around the kickstart boss as they dont have the reinforcing introduced with S3 side casings. Mine only lasted arounf 1k miles and that was just a 186 Migello
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information