BGM vs Avanti ex-box

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

Anyone any experience of how the Ex-box performs with a Mugello 186 compared to a BGM clubman? I know there was an article in scootering a couple of years ago but I can’t find it.
I’m bored during this lockdown s**t and wondered if it was worth trying the Ex-box. I’m running an Li 150 box with 16 front sprocket and a 30mm Dellorto.

Cheers steve
OAP
Dealer

The Ex-Box was not out or even in production when the tests were done in Scootering Mag.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Check out TheSteelweasel vid on YouTube, 6 months ago. He does a comparison.
Shipleystevep

Sorry didn’t realise the Ex box wasn’t in the Scootering article,
Seen the you tubes but they only do a touchy feel compare.
My question really is the pipe a bit more low down tourqey to pull the gearing better? The scooter will do 70gps now and that’s enough for me but wouldn’t want to lose the top end. Cheers
OAP
Dealer

Kickback Garage on FB & You tube has done 2 videos, one on fitting & one sound check!
OAP
Dealer

What pipe are you using at the moment?
Shipleystevep

Hi, BGM, I think it’s the V4 version. I’ll check out the othe kickback garage vid. Cheers
Shipleystevep

Wow, sounds great ...........
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

I hope to have not caused any embarrassment, but as an identical debate on LCGB Forum compelled my remarks, I repeat them here:

If you look on Facebook, no doubt that you will be aware of the various Lambretta specific sections for tuning etc.

Whilst some Posters on there undoubtedly see the tuning sections as an opportunity to use the site as a shop window for their products, there has been some information added to no such specific site recently by Ron Moss. He is not attempting to capitalise by preaching to a captive audience, merely to clarify the situation concerning his product & the 'ascociation' with Darrell Taylor. Darrell commented on Ron's remarks & they are obviously singing from the same hymn book.

It really is worth looking for & unequivocally clarifies what is going on & the potential of Ron's product. In my mind, anyhow ;)

Ron's scale of manufacture may be more 'cottage industry' than the competition, but the fact that he has published information that the manufacturer of his product informed him of, says a lot for his integrity.

How refreshing compared to the smoke & mirrors approach adopted by others just in it for the money......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information