Beedspeed.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Padge wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:55 am With all the publicity on here, online, in forums and on fakebook etc regarding all the antics that Beedspeed have had over the last few years (going bankrupt ,opening up with other people as main directors, going bankrupt again, opening up again etc etc... ripping off staff, suppliers and customers ( even the original owners of the business ) I really can’t understand why people would even consider using them

Which is probably why they are now operating via eBay. They can catch people out. I’ve used eBay for years to sell and buy and they’ve caught me out. In all honesty if I’d of checked the seller out before buying I’d probably of chosen another seller. I remember reading on here a few years ago about them being a very bad supplier. I’ll just have to wait for the refund and be a bit more careful when I buy the replacement.
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Good luck on getting your refund, you will get it but not without a battle
10 inch Terror

Burnside wrote: Mon May 04, 2020 12:44 pm Good luck on getting your refund, you will get it but not without a battle
I paid via PayPal. They normally refund it without any quibbling. I hope they do this time too.
Burnside

Yes you should be fine with PayPal, it's those that pay by credit/debit card that have a real battle
10 inch Terror

Full refund issued by PayPal / eBay and I’ve now ordered from a reliable source. Anyone considered using Beedspeed please don’t. They are nothing but scam artist.
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

Wow ! only just read this thread as I had a bit of time and was trawling though old posts looking for something specific on regulators. Have things improved with Beedspeed or are they still less than desirable. I was looking at ordering something but will hold off for now. I'm in Australia so have to be pretty selective as I cant afford to have incorrect items delivered. It's odd that they still have such a high profile in what is a fairly solid enthusiasts market. Any updates on how they are performing lately?
patrick
Main scooter: gp ts1 225

Why would you even consider using Beedspeed when there are so many good suppliers to choose from?
Cav
Main scooter: SX 225

patrick wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:43 pm Why would you even consider using Beedspeed when there are so many good suppliers to choose from?
It's a good question, but a few times they appeared to be the only dealer with what I was looking for. Based on what I've now been hearing and reading, the claims of having certain items for sale may not be accurate.
Jasio
Main scooter: Lambretta TV175

I spent a few quid and a couple of days getting my TV175 back in the road over lockdown, after a few years out. Nothing major needed. But also some making good, ie a new rear badge and chrome clips etc. Being a bit out of touch with suppliers I foolishly ordered from Beedspeed. Absolute rubbish. £15 for a timing tool (ie spark plug threaded piece with a bolt threaded through it). The thread is so poor it doesn’t screw into my cyl head. If I force it I’m worried it will thread it and that will cost. So it’s 15 quid in the bin. The rear badge that sits behind the seat is so poor quality it looks like a bad photocopy. And the spare cable set in a tin has Vespa PX on it. I phoned them and they said all the kits contain Vespa cables that cut down to fit Lambretta. In other words I just as well should have bought a long length of cable off a reel and a bag of ends. Saved a tenner or more. Still, once I’ve had my fingers burnt I won’t touch again.
Burnside

Cav wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:24 am
patrick wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 3:43 pm Why would you even consider using Beedspeed when there are so many good suppliers to choose from?
It's a good question, but a few times they appeared to be the only dealer with what I was looking for. Based on what I've now been hearing and reading, the claims of having certain items for sale may not be accurate.
Half the issue appears to be that they claim to have the parts when they do not, they tend to order in items to meet order they have received, chances are that if noone else has them they won't either.

You only need to look on FB at the daily complaints about them; no items received, wrong items received, crap quality item received and months to get refunds. I would seriously avoid until you can walk into the shop and check the items for yourself.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information