Anyone try 3D printing this hard to find part?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Late model Servettas came with turn signals in NA. Scooter boys in the 80s threw them away. As a result it’s really hard to find the box that holds the turn signal switch if you want to add signals to a scooter. I commute on my lambretta in heavy city traffic, I put signals on all my scoots and there are good LED options.

The box is 4 x 3.5 x 2.5 cm. The tab is 1.5cm and extends out at a 135 degree angle. Box is open at the bottom.

If I had access to a 3D printer I’d try making one. Anyone do this?

David
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
carlos fandango

It looks like a chromed steel box ? easy enough to make one out of steel or aluminium and get it welded up, or out of sheet copper or brass and solder it up with a blow torch.

Ive converted the Li switch , side/off/ headlight switch, to run indicators before, still using the dip and horn facilities of the switch as normal , and using an ignition switch instead of a kill button .
When i was young my Mom said "if you haven't got anything nice to say, say nothing at all " ..................... and people wonder why I'm quiet around them !
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

You can get an Series 3 Li light switch that works the indicators. It was used on some Indian models. Turning the lights on and off is handled by a normal SX/TV/GP ignition switch and the indicators are then operated by what was the Li lights on/off switch. It makes a very effective solution with the switch in the perfect position for operation while riding. I have it fitted to by series 3 and you can do a similar mod to the series 1/2 light switch (just about to do that one).
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

Just noticed Carlos Fandango has already covered my post 😁
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Late here but I have one of those boxes off of an early serveta. I think 3D printing might be a little weak since it's normally made out of plastic. The switch is super common but I know what you mean, the box is hard to find.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Totally Scooters was selling those on eBay not so long ago
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information