GT186: ideal cylinder cowling?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
vegansydney

Quick question for anyone running a GT186 with a 'standard' 58x107 crank. Is there anyway to avoid using a cylinder cowl spacer/packer? I've heard that Series 1 cylinder cowls are a good fit, but by my calculations it will need 3mm spacer/packer.

What are others running? Looking for a combo that makes the spark plug easy to remove, and preferably doesn't need a spacer between the cylinder head nut and the cowling. Ultimately, I'd also like to avoid both types of Series 3 cowlings with the intake scoop, as I believe it will foul the TM24 float bowl. Too much to ask? :D
vegansydney

Does anyone make extended cylinder head nuts? Using the long BGM cylinder head nuts on a porcupine head there is a 14mm gap between top of nut and front of GP/dl cowling. I'd prefer not have to make up spacer.
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

yes and yes. Series 1 heads are a good fit and also later series (without scoop if you prefer). You have to cut the cowling to fit around the read valve so you can also trim it to have a better fit for spark plug clearance. Gran Turismo manufacture longer cylinder head nuts, you can buy them online from Disco Dez or Eden Bakewell (Lambretta Images web site). If you're stuck I have them in stock also £9.00 inc vat
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

Scooter O Pacific might have some in the US.
vegansydney

Thanks, Rich! Will order some.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information