Serial Numbers

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MightyGem
Main scooter: Lambretta

Scooter Lounge gives serial numbers for all the various Lambrettas. It gives a prefix for the Frame and for the Engine, but only one number.

Does this mean that a scooter leaving the factory would have the same number on both the frame and the engine?
http://scooterlounge.com/lambretta/refe ... ndex.shtml
Daggs

On Italian machines no. They were usually close (ish) but not the same.
On Spanish machines they did match.
MightyGem

Thanks. So frame numbers give a rough idea of date of manufacture. Is there a way of telling withe the engine number?
ktmh5
Main scooter: GP225 Mugello

MightyGem wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:38 am Thanks. So frame numbers give a rough idea of date of manufacture. Is there a way of telling withe the engine number?
On some models, yes but on others no.
MightyGem

Thanks.
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

i have 2 lambrettas my spanish 1 matches frame no and engine number but my gp is a 1971 registered here in spain[ who are far more strict about vehicles than the uk ] ,when i bought it the paintwork was totally rust free and original but the frame no has only a 6 figure number which is a 1963 li 125 one but with no other identifying letters or numbers it is a bit of a mystery to me
chippy

nick b wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:25 am i have 2 lambrettas my spanish 1 matches frame no and engine number but my gp is a 1971 registered here in spain[ who are far more strict about vehicles than the uk ] ,when i bought it the paintwork was totally rust free and original but the frame no has only a 6 figure number which is a 1963 li 125 one but with no other identifying letters or numbers it is a bit of a mystery to me
. I would have thought if it's a Li frame number that's what it is. Do you have the equivalent to a V5 in Spain and if so does the frame number match and what is year of manufacture on it. It hasn't had a replacement frame at some point has it which has been adapted for gp bodywork
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

yes we have the equivalent i suppose you could be right i have totally stripped and the colour is consistant all the way and in very good condition for its age it has no igm no tv200?or dgm either .the headset has a small innocenti logo so it looks genuine enough my thought is it dated on the reg doc that it was one of the very last lambrettas made in italy so also could have put together from bits laying about but who knows
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information