Krober rev counter

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
bishopsfinger
Main scooter: vespa gl177

Hi all...I’m asking how people are wiring Krober rev counters to their Lambretta’s.Some say through the lighting in te headset and others to the Cdi.Everytime I’ve tried that it earths the ignition and cuts the motor
Thanks in advance
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

You need to establish what Krober you have. Some do work from being connected to the loom, whilst others do not.

It should have something like "LZ13" stamped on the dial face.

Once you know the model, you can find out how to wire it up.....
storkfoot
Main scooter: '70 GP150 [TS1 225]

Mine is a C31. I have a green wire which is the lamp, a blue which is the earth and the tachometer feed, a grey wire, to the ignition.

It was refurbished several years ago so I suspect the wiring colours are random.
Warkton Tornado No.1

storkfoot wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:05 pm Mine is a C31. I have a green wire which is the lamp, a blue which is the earth and the tachometer feed, a grey wire, to the ignition.

It was refurbished several years ago so I suspect the wiring colours are random.
I don't have my own Krober or Motoplat tachometers to hand, but there are terminal numbers (1 to 4) if memory serves.

I'm happy to dig out more information if the OP can confirm what he has....... :)
bishopsfinger

Sorry for the delay
The rev counter is at my mates and I’m waiting for him to get back to me
I’m sure it’s an lz13
bishopsfinger

Definitely lz13
Warkton Tornado No.1

This is the fitting information for the LZ13:

https://www.hpi.be/downloads/LZ13ENG.pdf

I've had mine for years, though I choose to run points ignition for reliability :lol: If you are running electronic, that might be the problem.

Here's the web page for HPI, though the two later models are news to me, being Lambretta specific:

http://www.motocicliveloci.it/inglese/c ... ment_guide._
bishopsfinger

Thanks for posting that mate
Looks like where I’ve gone wrong is to wire it to the cdi.Its not entirely clear but it looks like it needs to be wired to the lighting circuit but mines not points
Warkton Tornado No.1

If you are trying to get your scoot looking proper retro, then Krober were around in the 70's (if not before) so fit the bill. In fact, you can buy alternative dial faces for them as I did for mine. Matter of opinion, but whiteish/silver looks swish to my old eyes....

If not too concerned, Scitsu are 'alright' but a faff with the recharge etc.

Mychron 3's can be had for very little off the Kart boys (& girls) as they upgrade to later models with functions we are unlikely to use ;)

IMHO you need something that is easily readable whilst riding something that does an impression of the b*st*rd love child of a shopping trolley & a pneumatic road drill....l
Warkton Tornado No.1

Makes no difference, but I thought my Krober was LZ13, but turns out to be an LZ16 as I discovered tonight :oops:

I investigated how I might fit an interior light to it, unless they can do a Braille screen.......
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information