Carb problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

Hi guys,
Need some help please.
Just finished restoring a 61 TV175 series 2, kept it all original except for 12 volt electronic ignition. (Couldn’t get the 4 pole points system working right).
Anyway I’m using the original 21mm BS7 carb and it’s not running right. Will start fine (with choke) and tick over when warm but seems to starve of fuel when I run it. When I open the throttle it kind of bogs down aNd cuts out. Will run better and is rideable with choke on, but if I flip the choke of within 50 yards 1/4 - 1/2 throttle it’s like it’s running out of fuel. Choke back on and it picks up again.
What should I be checking? Air screw is out 1/4 turn at the moment.

Thanks in advance

Steve
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Take carb off manifold and float bowl off and turn fuel on to see what the fuel flow is like first .
B-Race Tuning
Main scooter: Lambro, GP.

Sounds like you're getting enough fuel, if you put choke on and seems to run fine. More likely blocked jets or drillings for the fuel passages.Strip carb and a tin of aerosol carb cleaner and or compressed air should see you right.
Shipleystevep
Main scooter: Lambretta

Thanks guys, took it off stripped and cleaned thoroughly (again!). All good now, must have been some crap in there.

Cheers steve
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information