Gearbox Question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MightyGem
Main scooter: Lambretta

If I put my Li Series 2 in gear with the engine off and release the clutch lever, if I move the scooter, I can feel the piston moving as would be expected.

If I pull the clutch lever to disengage the clutch, I can still fell the piston moving. Why?

Engine running, in gear, clutch disengaged, nothing happens as would be expected.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

Oil drag on the clutch plates when cold. It probably wouldn’t do it once the oil gets hot or not at all if you use one of the new breeds of oil like Maxima’s MTL85 or the Castrol ST90 which unlike all the other ST90 oils is a GL3 oil (the others are all GL1) hope this helps.
Lambretta67
Main scooter: Lambretta L.I. 200 special

My G.P. 200 does the same thing. I use Rock oil
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Check cables and check the swivel on top of the gearbox.
MightyGem
Main scooter: Lambretta

Scooterdude wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:13 pm Oil drag on the clutch plates when cold. It probably wouldn’t do it once the oil gets hot or not at all if you use one of the new breeds of oil like Maxima’s MTL85 or the Castrol ST90 which unlike all the other ST90 oils is a GL3 oil (the others are all GL1) hope this helps.
Thanks for that. I'll check it out next time I've been for a ride.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information