LT Coil.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
YAMLAM

with the new trend not to use the LT coil (Ant Tambs CDi and Readspeed Lucas CDI )
could the LT coil not be replaced with an extra lighting coil to give a better output ?

i know feck all about electrickery and theres probabley a good reason why it cant be done :!:
win or lose have a booze
coaster

YAMLAM wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:50 pm with the new trend not to use the LT coil (Ant Tambs CDi and Readspeed Lucas CDI )
could the LT coil not be replaced with an extra lighting coil to give a better output ?

i know feck all about electrickery and theres probabley a good reason why it cant be done :!:
Mr Tambs was talking about doing that a while back might also have been intending to have 6 coils but Ive not heard anything since.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

You absolutely could do just that, BUT the other 2 are in series to give 12v. So, you could put 3 in parallel and have 6v but with 50% more power.

Anthony tambs is developing a 3 phase stator which in my opinion is absolutely the best way to go. I'm not alone in this opinion though; try to find a modern bike that isn't 3 phase. As soon as they're available I'll be buying one.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

YAMLAM wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:50 pm with the new trend not to use the LT coil (Ant Tambs CDi and Readspeed Lucas CDI )

If for some reason your external pick-up should pack up,you wont have an internal pick-up to switch to,because you wont have the LT coil.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

I've been running a 5 lighting coil stator since before 5 Nations N.I. , with Readspeed Lukas. The lights are excellent.

:)
coaster

Adam_Winstone wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:59 pm I've been running a 5 lighting coil stator since before 5 Nations N.I. , with Readspeed Lukas. The lights are excellent.

Did you just replace the LT coil with an additional lighting coil in series with the other 4?
YAMLAM

Adam_Winstone wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:59 pm I've been running a 5 lighting coil stator since before 5 Nations N.I. , with Readspeed Lukas. The lights are excellent.

tell us more ADAm
win or lose have a booze
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

coaster wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:05 pm

Did you just replace the LT coil with an additional lighting coil in series with the other 4?
Yes, that's exactly what I did, nothing more complex than that.

I was out and about in Oxford on this bike today and was happy to have a horn that could be heard and lights that I could clearly see being reflected off the rear end of vehicles that I was following (in daylight).

Adam
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

adam,

I'd expect that this would be better at low to mid rpm, but no difference at high rpm. Is that right or is it just better all the time?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information