Weird petrol tap problem

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Funkspeed
Main scooter: Rally 200

.... Took the tank out to clean it, stripped & cleaned the carb again too. Now the scoot will only run with the tap in the reserve position. "Off" is still off and "on" is now "off" too!!

I even took the linkage apart again on case I have was having some sort of comedy moment but it only all goes together one way.

Any ideas, cos fooked if I know? :oops:

Cheers!
Mel K

Try turning the tap to the on position, then blow up the outlet, if that doesn't work I haven't got a clue, :oops:
J1MS

Some of the taps (not sure of yours) it is possible to turn the valve 180 degrees then when the tap is screwed back together you only have one on position... The valve is the little round piece of metal (with a protruding tang sitting out of the back of it that the lever locates on prior to screwing back together) that the spring presses against when the tap is unscrewed...
Try what Mel says first if you have no joy take the tap apatr and turn the valve 180 degrees and reassemble... Best of luck...
Funkspeed

Cheers guys....I'll give it another go after work one night if I can work up some more enthusiasm! If not it's a jerry can strapped to the scoot for Weston!!
Fireman Ash

See what happens when you're bored Rob!! if I can help let me know...D'oh!! :cry:
Funkspeed

Fireman Ash wrote:See what happens when you're bored Rob!! if I can help let me know...D'oh!! :cry:
Will do mate. The weird thing is I never even took th etap assembly off....I just disconnected the lever!
Dazza
Main scooter: S3 LI Rapido 225

Have you put the lever back the same way you took it off? - just a thought - it's easily done
If it aint broke.........tinker with it.....
rakki
Main scooter: sx|px|rally×2

This might be obvious but are you 100% sure that you have enough petrol for "on"-position to work?
Funkspeed

rakki wrote:This might be obvious but are you 100% sure that you have enough petrol for "on"-position to work?
Well I put 4 litres in...think it's the mid size tank at 13 litres so thought reserve would be a lot lower. I'll have to double check the spec of the tank from somewhere......this could be embarrassing!! LOL!!
rakki
Main scooter: sx|px|rally×2

Reserve on normal tank with fast flow fuel tap is about 3 litres so if you have one on larger thank it's probably bigger, I'm sure someone knows exact figure.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information