Pm Double disc brake

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Den 08
Main scooter: lambretta Gp 225

Morning All, i am thinking of going sip or Af tubeless on me lammy i have the pm tuning double disc setup is there any problem i may have with clearance with
Valve hitting the calipers and regards to
Spare wheel do i have to carry a tubeless or will a split rim fit the studs ok.
Thanks in advance,
Den
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Regarding your second question a split would be Ok but you'd want to attach it with open nuts if you use the SIP longer studs. The AF rims can be fitted to hubs with regular size studs but allegedly have a problem related to fit on standard hubs in that they don't fully rest on the moulding on some hubs - not sure what they're like on a PM hub. Some people feel this means that the wheel is located only by the studs and not the hub. Also the tyres are allieged to be harder to fit on AF rims as the well isn't as deep.

I've always used the SIP one in preference to the AF for these reasons. I also tend to carry a SIP spare.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information