Anti dive for spauq

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Simon lambretta
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special

I think I’ve probably set up wrong, but thanks for your advice and knowledge.Ive ungraded my fork springs with mb.And adjusted the dampers a little harder.Suits my style of riding
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

I think disc brakes / anti dive are a bit like marmite.
Some people love them some dont.

Its good that you have a workable solution. Hopefully you will have trouble free riding.

As for mine bearing in mind what Minority had said, when i got in from work, straight into the shed and checked mine.
The disc has a new back plate, that locates on the lug on the trailing link. Its well and truly located.
I thought it did but had to recheck just to reassure myself.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

The caliper carrier for disk / drum is different with no AD.

With the AD it should be the same. The AD arm should be roughly parallel with the line between the axle and the link pivot bolt. Too low and you get a lot of dive; too high and you don't get enough potetnitally causing skip under hard braking.

The AD should have no impact on normal suspension operation when not braking.

Under braking it should transfer the rotational force to the fork leg rather than to the links causing dive.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information