Anti dive for spauq

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

in what way didn't it work as you expected, did it still dip at the front when braking, only asking as I like mine with anti dive.
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

As Holty said, what was the exact problem? Fitting antidive to my scootRS (very similar to the SPAQ) made a huge difference for the better!
Simon lambretta
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special

No problems fitting it. I adjusted it severel time, it’s took all the play in the suspension, and felt very rigid.If that makes any sense
Simon lambretta
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special

Hi, I adjusted the anti dive bracket in every position, and there was no dip in the suspension at all.It seemed that it made the bgm suspension rigid..I thought the whole idea of having good quality suspension was for it work. I have probably done something wrong.I just didn’t feel save
YAMLAM

when i converted mine i went back to standard dampers and springs ,which seem to absorb most of the road bumps making a nice ride .very slight dip in mine but hardly noticable now.
win or lose have a booze
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Last year i fitted a scootsrs disc brake kit.
I had no end of trouble with it.
I could not get the anti dive bracket far enough up the forks to get the correct angle.
I rode it but it kept locking.

I went to scarborough and my kickstart snapped off.
So i called at Rayspeed and got them to fit a new kickstart.
I also got them to sort the disc brake.

I had rebuilt the forks myself.
I bought the rebuild kit from a shop near Leeds.
It turned out that the bushes were too tight on the trailing links and so the links were not rotating correctly also the progressive springs provided were too strong and not very good. I did not realise, it was the first time i have attempted it.
(Most things i have bought from this so called scooter shop near leeds have been fecking useless). Lessons learnt, buy cheap buy twice.
Rayspeed rebuilt it, with a new caliper. Because it had not worked correctly it damage the caliper.
They advised leaving the antidive bar off. So i did. Plus it was a pain to fit it on an eibar with turning mudguard. Maybe if i had had the bracket welded in it would if been better.
It now runs a lot better.

Maybe you need to check your springs and fork link bushes as has been suggested above.
New bushes and softer springs transformed mine.

Robbie
Minority

In my experience antidive has no or very little effect on suspension. It’s whole point is to isolate braking force from suspension movement so there is no interaction between the two. To achieve this the caliper mount must be free to rotate around the axle independently and both ends of the tie bar must also be free to rotate. If they aren’t this could be the cause of your suspension “locking”.
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Is the above comment for me Minority.
You may be correct.
But to be honest I do not know either way. In the end i just followed the advice given to me by Rayspeed.
Maybe i should of persevered with the anti dive.
But i just figured they know more than i do, it was a problem for me they solved.
I just wanted to feel confident that when i brake i will stop.
Minority

wrecklessrobbie wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm Is the above comment for me Minority.
You may be correct.
But to be honest I do not know either way. In the end i just followed the advice given to me by Rayspeed.
Maybe i should of persevered with the anti dive.
But i just figured they know more than i do, it was a problem for me they solved.
I just wanted to feel confident that when i brake i will stop.
No, not meant for you mate (but reading it back I can understand why you thought it might be 😄). In my experience a properly setup antidive makes a Lammy with a big hydraulic front disc so much nicer to ride.
Minority

Just re-reading your post Robbie I can see a possible problem. You CAN’T just leave the link off an antidive disc brake setup. If you do, the first time you apply the brake it will rotate around the axle and smash into the fork! If it doesnt it means that the caliper mount isn’t free to rotate round the axle and that is a problem.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information