Anti dive for spauq

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Simon lambretta
Main scooter: Lambretta 125 special

Hi, I have just bought a anti dive kit for my disc brake.And I never read the hole description about the fitting.Its only compatible with drum links, and being a novice at lambretta. Mine are disc links.Can I change my links to drum.Thanks Simon
Simon lambretta

Sorry splelt it wrong ,Spaq
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Where did you buy them from ?If you bought them new,I'm sure the dealer will swap them for you.
AUSSIE

Hello,
I thought the whole point of an anti-dive kit was to allow the brake back plate to be independent of the fork links.
From my experience an anti-dive doesn't use the lug or stud fixing on either type of fork links, instead it is braced to the fork leg by a link rod.
This is just my thoughts, bear in mind all braking systems need to be correct and working perfectly!
Minority
Main scooter: Li230 S3

AUSSIE wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 5:23 pm Hello,
I thought the whole point of an anti-dive kit was to allow the brake back plate to be independent of the fork links.
From my experience an anti-dive doesn't use the lug or stud fixing on either type of fork links, instead it is braced to the fork leg by a link rod.
This is just my thoughts, bear in mind all braking systems need to be correct and working perfectly!
Think you’ll find that it’s only to stop the speedo drive housing rotating. You are quite correct that the actual brake caliper mounting must be free to rotate around the axle and not be fixed to the fork link. So if you can stop the speedo drive rotating by some adaptation (or get rid of it as I did), you should be able to use the kit, but maybe check with your supplier as well.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

ive got a scoot rs disc on one of my scooters and that's using disc links but its anti dive, the speedo drive just sits in place and is not a problem, would guess the spaq one will work just the same.
Simon lambretta

Thanks, for your replies and advise.I will have a go at fitting it now.
chippy

holty wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:31 pm ive got a scoot rs disc on one of my scooters and that's using disc links but its anti dive, the speedo drive just sits in place and is not a problem, would guess the spaq one will work just the same.
same with the pm tuning oned
Simon lambretta

Hi, fitted the anti dive today,and I can honestly say,how awful it is.I have bgm adjustable shocks, and they did feel right with anti dive. I adjusted the anti dive in several positions,with know. Luck.So I took them off.I know suspensions as I done motocross for 35 years
Simon lambretta

Simon lambretta wrote: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:55 pm Hi, fitted the anti dive today,and I can honestly say,how awful it is.I have bgm adjustable shocks, and they did feel right with anti dive. I adjusted the anti dive in several positions,with no luck
.So I took them off.I know suspensions as I done motocross for 35 years
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information