Varitronic flywheel thread differences

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Hughieboy
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S2 GT186

Bit of a strange one, I have a Buzzetti flywheel puller and it fits an Li Varitronic flywheel I have perfectly. Just bought a GP Varitronic flywheel to go with a new crank and the same flywheel puller doesn’t fit! I’ve tried ‘persuading’ it in a little but I don’t want to bugger it up.

Anyone else had this/know what the answer is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Sounds like a rolled thread on the new flywheel. If you have a thread file you might be able to carefully clean up the internal thread on the flywheel. At least look them over carefully under a magnifier to spot the problem.
Hughieboy
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S2 GT186

Grumpy225 wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:13 pm Sounds like a rolled thread on the new flywheel. If you have a thread file you might be able to carefully clean up the internal thread on the flywheel. At least look them over carefully under a magnifier to spot the problem.
Sorry for the late reply, only just seen this.... oddly, although it took a bit of getting going, the new flywheel puller fit! Maybe my old one wasn’t all that good.... :?:
Spj
Main scooter: 1958 Li 150 series 1 lambretta

I have had the same issues you have. I think it is a 27/1.0 pitch.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information