GT 186 with or without standard filter.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all,
Like most of the population I’m self isolating and off work. I’m being kept occupied by finishing off a project I started way back in 2016. The original plan was a GT186 running with a 25 mm dellorto through the original box with a BGM uprated filter. Anyway since then I’ve realised the standard air box needs to be modified for this set up to work efficiently. The air box is already painted and I don’t fancy chopping it about, welding and repainting it. A BGM box already modified is almost £110 which I can’t justify in the current financial circumstances. My question is would it be ok with a remote filter and do away with the air box altogether? I’m running it with a clubman type exhaust and the kit is standard form. Any comments or information gratefully received. Thanks and stay safe Pete.
Rich_T
Dealer
Main scooter: Li Special

remove the filter totally and run through the airbox but make sure it is all cleaned out and free of debris. This assumes that you have a suitable air hose, the airbox internals are removed or the minimum diameter of the inlet pipe into the airbox is larger than 25mm.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

I have a GT186 kit. I use a PHBL25 and it breathes through a wire BGM filter in the airbox. Mind you it is a TV airbox with the thick neck, but other than that it's not I haven't modified it in any way.
swissdean
Main scooter: Li185, series 3

I ran a 25 phbh with ancellotti , breathsweet and gp200 box and it went really well. Tried drilled airbox with swan neck removed and bgm filter and it bogged down. Tried bgm v4 with breathsweet and bogged down. Now on 30mmphbh, bgm v3 and no filter.. flies along
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information