Clubman on GT186 - Ex Box?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Hughieboy
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S2 GT186

I’m currently running a TSR Evo on my GT186, 30mm phbh and no filter, happy enough with the performance but the fit is terrible, it hangs down too low and despite repacking the silencer is annoyingly loud...

I’m wondering about buying a Clubman - like the look of the Gori GP50 but am worried about fitment and finish (60/110 crank with packer) then there’s the BGM V4 and the Avanti Ex Box which both appear more adjustable.

I’m leaning toward the Ex Box purely because of the description given on the Supertune website but having not run a Clubman before I don’t know what to expect performance wise. I expect it would be quieter though..

Can anyone with experience of these pipes on a GT186 comment? I guess it would affect the power output taking off the expansion but would it knock the stuffing out of it?

Be grateful for any opinions.
Scooterdude
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 125 S3

If you’re worried about fitting and noise forget the Gori, the one i had was awful (not on gt186 I hasten to add but awful is awful) can’t comment on the bgm or the Avanti but have heard it said that the small diameter tail pipe on the bgm can cause gassing up issues, used a tsr but it didn’t suit my tune but remember it was the Dt version so had 10mm chopped from the stub and 10mm chopped from the down pipe so grounding wasn’t an issue.
Hughieboy

What did you end up with? Point taken about the Gori, not the first time I’ve heard that.... interesting to know about the BGM...
Scooterdude

Hughieboy wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:10 pm What did you end up with? Point taken about the Gori, not the first time I’ve heard that.... interesting to know about the BGM...
I bought a second hand NK road that was brilliant but the down pipe constantly cracked due to age and corrosion then I swapped to a cst3 now that is brilliant and no grounding issues but mine is on a RT not a GT .
If you want a cheap clubman why not look at the 48mm one from AF Rayspeed it did really well in Darrell’s clubman test, big outlet to stop gassing up I tend to think people overlook this pipe as all the hype focuses on the Avanti and BGM.
Hughieboy

That’s a fair point.... what I was wondering though was how well a Clubman works with reed valve or if you really need to stick with an expansion to get the best from it. I want to change the exhaust whatever because I’ve fell out of love with it for the aforementioned reasons but don’t want to waste my money buying the wrong thing for the job and strangling the performance... I will have a look at the AF Clubman as you suggest..
YAMLAM

Club mate has a BGM on with his GT186, goes really well, i think the gassing up isssue is with Larger kits 225 etc .
win or lose have a booze
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

I'm running an early BGM on my GT200 and that goes well, no gassing up issues, bloomin noisy though as the baffles went not long after it went on!

I do like the Franspeed Race on my GT186 though, works really well and no fitment issues
Hughieboy

Is the Franspeed Race noisy... (might be a daft question!)
Scooterdude

Eden was saying over on fb a while back how good the fran race was on the GT kits, much more so than the super tourer which he considered quite peaky despite the name.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Burnside wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:57 pm I'm running an early BGM on my GT200 and that goes well, no gassing up issues, bloomin noisy though as the baffles went not long after it went on!

I do like the Franspeed Race on my GT186 though, works really well and no fitment issues
+1 on the franspeed race works really well on my 240
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information