Winter model headlight rims

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Hi
wondering if anybody has tried the scootopia headlight rim on an original Eibar Winter model headset at all ? guy on the winter model Fb page said he had got it to fit ,but not sure if his was on an original or repro headset.

ive managed to break mine and am looking for replacement,

ive tried a bossatta one as read somewhere they might be ok i got from Buzz solomoto but didnt fit .

or if anyone knows of a winter model rim for sale let me know
cheers
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Sorrow for indirect answer, but have you thought about welding it? Might be worth trying some of those low temperature aluminium welding rods.
TurboTrev

What type of headlight does a Eibar Winter have? Is it the round one like an Italian LI?
wintermod65

hendy wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 pm Sorrow for indirect answer, but have you thought about welding it? Might be worth trying some of those low temperature aluminium welding rods.
its quite thin and they are made of a kind of white metal think known as Mazak im not sure you can weld it , theres a pic i posted on the eibar winter models fb page of my problem
ive tried likely known sources for replacement eg Perry lewis / Buzz , scott durnion .

been looking for one since i bought scooter back in 2014 as wasnt great to begin with as had damage behind screw hole and hairline crack , but with something fairly rare you have make best of what youve got, if it was for a rusto i wouldnt care but its on a custom painted scooter
wintermod65

TurboTrev wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:36 pm What type of headlight does a Eibar Winter have? Is it the round one like an Italian LI?
the eibar winter model headset is a mix of series 2 back half and the headlight shroud part of the casting is TV/LIS/SX 50p shaped , but different so italian rims dont fit
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

wintermod65 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:55 pm
hendy wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:03 pm Sorrow for indirect answer, but have you thought about welding it? Might be worth trying some of those low temperature aluminium welding rods.
its quite thin and they are made of a kind of white metal think known as Mazak im not sure you can weld it , theres a pic i posted on the eibar winter models fb page of my problem
ive tried likely known sources for replacement eg Perry lewis / Buzz , scott durnion .

been looking for one since i bought scooter back in 2014 as wasnt great to begin with as had damage behind screw hole and hairline crack , but with something fairly rare you have make best of what youve got, if it was for a rusto i wouldnt care but its on a custom painted scooter
Well it's scrap now and for a fiver I'd give it a go. Will be better than any remade stuff
wintermod65

managed to repair original with liquid metal epoxy does job just not something you want on a 20K custom scooter, but got scootopia one through post managed to fit it although very tight so will remove paint from lip on headset and dress with file so not such a stressed fit. .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information