GT186 revs Question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Scoot
Main scooter: Lambretta Jet200

I have a GT186 and had exactly the same problem. Would not rev past 6500 max. It was nice to ride but got it dynoed to see if they could sort it out and was told the ports timing was the problem?
I snapped my engine mount a few months later so had to rebuild in to a new case. While I was doing it I put in a 60/110 crank. Dropped the exhaust port to level with the piston crown at BDC. Matched the case to the barrel and problem sorted. Revd to 8000 and went well over 70. Off the road at the min as a reed broke ! So doubling up is sound advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hughieboy
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S2 GT186

Scoot wrote: Thu Oct 17, 2019 1:11 am I have a GT186 and had exactly the same problem. Would not rev past 6500 max. It was nice to ride but got it dynoed to see if they could sort it out and was told the ports timing was the problem?
I snapped my engine mount a few months later so had to rebuild in to a new case. While I was doing it I put in a 60/110 crank. Dropped the exhaust port to level with the piston crown at BDC. Matched the case to the barrel and problem sorted. Revd to 8000 and went well over 70. Off the road at the min as a reed broke ! So doubling up is sound advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sounds like thats what I should do as it sounds pretty much just like mine... cheers :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information