GT186 revs Question

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Muppet
Main scooter: SX 150 running in

dont alter the timing before you check the jetting because if it is weak advancing the ignition will only make it pink or detonate.
C’est la vie
Burnside
Main scooter: Lambretta TV200

Might be worth speaking to Richard Taylor, he generally advises against using Varitronic with the GT kits
Burnside

My 186 is jetted same as yours with the only difference being AV268 needle jet and 300 float needle, I run with a Franspeed race. No rev counter on mine but happily revs 8000+.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Burnside wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:00 pm My 186 is jetted same as yours with the only difference being AV268 needle jet and 300 float needle, I run with a Franspeed race. No rev counter on mine but happily revs 8000+.

Same as above just built one for a lad AV268 atomiser in 30mm and clubman all good
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Hughieboy
Main scooter: Lambretta Li S2 GT186

Thanks everyone,

I know RT's not a fan of the Varitronic but it's what I had previously and I'm hoping not to change it due to cost largely and it's always worked well. I'll follow the recommended steps and see what happens..... :-)
Hughieboy

Just an update.... I double checked and I had actually already fitted an AV268 and a 300 float jet (it’s my age!) so that’s not the issue. I’ve been using a remote breathe sweet type filter on an elbow which points backwards because if long range tank and it looked it a bit oily in the elbow, wondering if it’s not getting enough air.... just a thought. Have ordered a gauze trumpet bellmouth thingy to try, would like something in place to keep the crap out...
Burnside

I run mine open mouthed, could it be the elbow constricting under high revs restricting flow?
Hughieboy

Burnside wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:03 pm I run mine open mouthed, could it be the elbow constricting under high revs restricting flow?
That’s what I’m wondering, I’ll report back when I’ve tried it. Either that or the TSR pipe isn’t as revvy as the manufacturers claim and then I guess it will be settle with it or try a different pipe - the Fran Race isn’t cheap, though, eh....?

I wonder what a Gori or a Ron Moss box pipe would be like if I end up having to spend out..... although I’ve just repacked the tail can on the TSR to quieten it down a bit and I don’t want anything annoyingly loud...
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Burnside wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:55 am Might be worth speaking to Richard Taylor, he generally advises against using Varitronic with the GT kits
Yes, I changed the varitronic on mine based on this.

Made no difference at all.
Burnside

Hughieboy wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:13 pm That’s what I’m wondering, I’ll report back when I’ve tried it. Either that or the TSR pipe isn’t as revvy as the manufacturers claim and then I guess it will be settle with it or try a different pipe - the Fran Race isn’t cheap, though, eh....?
No Fran Races aren't cheap, but then Gori and Ron Moss pipes aren't either tbh. I'm on my 2nd Fran Race after the 1st one rotted through, the downside of riding 12 months a year. I got the current one ceramic coated to make it more durable and is holding up well so far.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information