What Speed From What Kit? (ballpark)

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Cheers, not a whole lot different to mine.
Annoying you've had issues with it but least you know the cause and the fix.
I did think of an RM pipe, along with a ADS3/CST3 but think I'm going to send the v4 to MB to modify it so it works how they used to before bgm messed about with the design, I guess to make them quieter cos the oldiewonks complained they were too loud (they weren't)
rosscla wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:09 pm
purple_pill67 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:47 pm Interested to know what the rest of the set up is for the RT
Have an RT225 with phbh28, jet-sx gearing 16/46 and 62mm crank.
Bgmv v4 is holding it back I feel.
rosscla wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:32 pm RT 225 BGM SX gears topped out about 68 at 6.9K RPM

Avanti, Fran Race GP box 19/46 not had it flat out but had to roll off at 73 as I was near in the back of a car and still accelerating

Speeds from Garmin GPS
RT is BGM V4 exhaust with 30PHBH standard GP crank - it was running white rich and I could never get it jetted down to a 'good' plug colour for some reason - was running p50, AV264, X7, s40, m125, c70, n300 on a BGM filter and manifold. Pretty much built off the manual.

I have to admit I need to do another couple of stone of tuning ... I probably was expecting a bit more from it but honestly most of the time we run at about 55 - 60 and it's not stressed at that. If I get a chance I'm going to get an RM clubman next.

I've also just shagged it in Ireland after 2.5k miles because of fitting a new mild steel tank and obviously not washing it out properly - I ran the petrol through a filter and it was full of fine grit and that was after about 100 litres through it - rings and bore goosed - gap about 5mm so it's off being replated
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information