Inline hydraulic brake.

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
10 inch Terror
Xbox live gamer tag: No.
Playstation gamer tag: PLEASE!
Main scooter: Lambretta LI Imola 185

Hi all,
I’m finishing off a project I started in 2016. The original plan was to keep everything standard with a pepped up motor using a GT186. I was going to use the original front drum brake in a reverse pull set up. Anyway I’ve now decided to fit an in-line hydraulic brake. I’ve fitted and set up several of the Scootrs type external brake set ups but never the inline version. Are they any different to set up? I seem to remember reading that they can be a mission to bleed. Are there any pointers or things to watch out for? Any comments and tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance Pete.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

In line? Do you mean inboard? Or do you mean a remote master cylinder?
10 inch Terror

hendy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:47 am In line? Do you mean inboard? Or do you mean a remote master cylinder?
Yeah, sorry, I meant inboard.
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I've got one. No problem to bleed. I have a remote master cylinder behind the horncasting which I wouldn't do again as i find it a pain in the backside; that part was tricky to bleed, but i just "back-bleed" by injecting oil from the bottom end in a syringe which is much easier in my experience.
10 inch Terror

hendy wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:55 am I've got one. No problem to bleed. I have a remote master cylinder behind the horncasting which I wouldn't do again as i find it a pain in the backside; that part was tricky to bleed, but i just "back-bleed" by injecting oil from the bottom end in a syringe which is much easier in my experience.

Nice one, I’ll give that a bash thanks Hendy.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information