BGM Stator AF Flywheel

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MAB

Has anybody else had problems runing a BGM with a AF lightened flywheel tried 3 AFs now and all the same .

Thanks MAB :(
sean brady scooters
Dealer

what is the prob exactly MAB.............?
have you tried either removing a couple of laminates from under pick up/or machined flange back by 1mm......to prevent flywheel rubbing on pick up..........as has been covered in previous topics...........
or have you some other probs........?
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
goldeneye

whats the problem? i run a AF light flywheel on my pacemaker..... but with an indian stator/T5 coils/piaggio pick up, and a ducati coil and bajaj 80 watt mini regulator, and all is well. i had to shave the bolts down to stop it rubbing, but apart from that, timed up lovely and no probs. iv"e heard some need a mm or two machining from the back of the mag housing to make the pick-up magnets trigger the box, and have also heard the latest ones have a 1mm washer fitted under the central boss to get round this. as my ignition is a bit of a mongrel hybrid, i was very suprised at the ease it went together. total cost of mine was about 40 quid all in + a couple of swappsys between mates.
J1MS

If you can get it working its a pretty good setup....
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

Hope so, thats what i'll be using on my RB20 engine , with an old original ducati af light flywheel and bgm stator. Have heard some problems with the new indian originated light flywheels though.
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

Bazman

Im running BGM & AF Ducati on RinB RB225
Youll find pick up top is very close to flywheel.
I just filed down pickup abit

Mabs problem is a cracker it was I who diagnosed the problem originally
Which is it runs ok until higher revs, then holds back and feels like really bad 4 stroking.
Told Mark to change stator after checking carb and lots of testing. He put his original indian Stator on and worked fine.

So we decided to change back to BGM & try Indian flywheel and again fine.

He has now tried 3 AF lightened flywheel with this BGM stator and they just dont work,

I have had a few problems with the AF lightened flywheels some work on some stators but not on others.
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
J1MS

I had an AF flywheel to put on an engine, got it running, then strobed it to check the timing. When I put the flywheel back after adjusting the timing the scooter wouldnt run.....all I had done differantly was torque the flywheel up a little more....Originally I had just tightened it up to about 35 lb/ft but the extra torque pressure had pulled the flywheel on to the point where the pick up was now out of line with the corresponding magnets I had only put an extra 10 lb/ft of pressure on.... I ended up changing the mag housing for one that was machined back 1 mm and that fixed it....
RinB
Main scooter: Reflections in Blue

J1MS

Mark has packed unpacked the pickup moving it near/further away etc still no joy.

Next step is really getting a scope on it and see if we can see what going on.
If its made of Metal Fettle it !!
bazman
Playstation gamer tag: bazman70

RinB wrote:Bazman

Im running BGM & AF Ducati on RinB RB225
Youll find pick up top is very close to flywheel.
I just filed down pickup abit
Cheers for that smiffy, (you carb stealer you :lol: )
Andy Francis has already had the flywheel skimmed internal by 1mm to eleviate this problem but will keep a eye out. :)
J1MS

If you kick the engine over with a multimeter connected to the red from the pickup and the white wire with the meter set on its lowest volts setting and it should read 1.2 volts thats the normal voltage that comes out of a working pickup....it will normally read approx 100 ohms impedence even if its broken....hope this helps...
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information