GP Clutch issue

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
john.t5

Looking a bit of help, I have had the readspeed 5 plate clutch (£40 version) in my TS1 for a couple of years and it started to slip a bit, I stripped it and found the pressure plate was in bad shape so fitted a surflex pressure plate and new clutch, same version, I got about 40 miles and had some slip, so have stripped it, added a Chiselspeed easy pull and now can't get the clutch set up at all, either drags or slips, no middle ground, oh this is with another new 5 plate set, head scratching here...
db67

Are you still running it with the original springs? if so, might be worth changing them for a new set ;)
john.t5

New springs fitted each time, the ones that Readspeed supply.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

might be a slightly bent clutch basket,before i started using cassette clutches i had it happen a few times when i re=assembled it kept getting the slip/drag issue with no middle ground. Couldn't see it each time when i re-assembled but it resolved it when i fitted a new one,worth a try for a few quid.
the man don't give a f@@k
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

meant spider!
the man don't give a f@@k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information