Mixture Setting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
MightyGem
Main scooter: Lambretta

Any comments on the condition of my plug with regards to mixture? Just done 30 miles at various speeds.

mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

maybe a tad lean ?
MightyGem

Thanks. Ok to leave it, or adjustment required?
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

i would put a new plug for starters and richen your mixture a bit it looks like the pilot is rich but the air screw is lean
MightyGem

garry inglis wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:06 am i would put a new plug for starters and richen your mixture a bit it looks like the pilot is rich but the air screw is lean
Thanks. Could you explain a little more?
Series 2 Li with a Dellorto SH1/2. The pilot jet is non adjustable and has not been changed. With the mixture screw, does it screw in or out to richen the mix.

Thanks.
rosscla

The mixture screw is only really relevant at tickover / low revs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUzu6ZkeFTw#action=share

Whether it is a fuel or air screw depends on the position relative to the slide and that will impact in which direction you turn it to richen or lean the mixture at tickover.

Looking at the plug after a run really doesn't tell you much about the condition at various throttle positions during the run. It can look spot on if you're pooling about at 1/4 throttle but go to hell as soon as you roll it on.

Google, or search on here, how to do plug chops and check your jetting at all possible throttle positions.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

MightyGem wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:34 pm
garry inglis wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:06 am i would put a new plug for starters and richen your mixture a bit it looks like the pilot is rich but the air screw is lean
Thanks. Could you explain a little more?
Series 2 Li with a Dellorto SH1/2. The pilot jet is non adjustable and has not been changed. With the mixture screw, does it screw in or out to richen the mix.

Thanks.
The SH type of carb takes all of its fuel through the main jet,from there it is fed to the pilot jet.
Daggs

Read your PM's
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information