Targaline dampers fit ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
wintermod65
Main scooter: winter model

Hi anyone know if the adjustable Targaline dampers with reservoirs fit with a winter model model turning mudguard .

i remember seeing a green and silver series 1 over at discodezs while mine was there with a Targa engine in that had turning mudguard thought it had them ,

found it , with pic from ILC page it looks like its got targa dampers but cant tell from this pic if reservoir type

https://lambrettatracker.com/2017-euro- ... ambrettas/

ive got the slim BGM non adjustable type which im finding very soft under braking , they dive more than Klinsman !!!

just wonder if any modifications required to fit ive got spanish type forks with mudguard lugs and welded on damper brackets

cheers for any info
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

Dont know about Targaline but i have the normal BGM adjustable ones on mine no issues
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

If you're getting too much dive, it's determined primarily by spring rate.

Or you could fit a drum brake...no dive :D
wintermod65

ive not seen anywhere that sells both sorts so i could get a comparison size wise but thanks for info ,

ive got an original cable disc , so not much better than drum , were supposed to be uprated /progressive springs and to be honest if i disconnected the dampers i doubt you would notice it .

Another clubmate has the adjustable type on his VBB which again even on hardest setting feels very soft which is why i want to give another brand a look as have had issues now with several BGM products all bought new from well known dealers.
hendy

Dampers should be far stiffer when they are extended than when compressed. Some cheapo ones damp the same for compression and rebound. In other words, if you have decent dampers, and you do, they will make almost no difference to dive.

I used cambridge lambretta ultimate progressive springs once and they were just like standard. The bgm ones are much better for me. On my series 2, I use bgm springs and their non adjustable dampers along with an internal hydraulic disc. It's not up to the standard of fully external but much better than a standard disc. The dive is barely noticeable and is certainly controlled.

What I'm getting round to saying is that IMHO, you should fit bgm springs and if you already have them, add preload spacers.
wintermod65

i have non adjustable bgm dampers , not certain of the origin of my springs but were supposed to be uprated ones would have to dig through the pile of reciepts, 5 yr resto so memory bit hazy on some items if not branded .
engine is a GT 240 so braking is pull lever count to 20 then it slows back brake is savage nothing then locks gotta luv original brakes makes thing exciting !!.

you cant tell how things will work together when you buy individual bits so prob about half way through running in , getting electrics sorted is now a priority as 2nd part of the BGM DC kit has now packed in and fried battery (wassel bgm dc regulator) the dc stator wouldnt time up so changed for tambs DC one but about to remove and replace with the RLC ductai system maybe the sip speedo will work with it !!.

next on hit list is suspension as if faulty / poor , suspension affects braking distance so sort that then look at brakes , i like the tino saachi inboard hydraulic but with oiltek master cylinder so maybe when scooter is run in and can use full potential i can do this too

but electronic /dampers and brake comes to around £1200 and thats without painting hub to match or hidden master cylinedr choice

like any plans it could go to ratsh*t especially if the dampers dont fit doesnt seem much other choice really soggy standard , soggy BGM or bloody expensive Mupo ones!

im equal distance away from cambridge lambretta and JB tuning southend so hopefully these guys might sell some better options that ive got already
hendy

^ aye, I agree, it's pot luck. I've got reverse pull drum on my latest and it works great, but on my last one it was effing awful!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information