Clutch & Gear issues

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
pt2482
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 2 Li

The clutch on my series 2 starts off relatively easy to pull the lever in to change gear but after about 15 minutes of town riding it gets stiffer and stiffer to the point it makes my wrist/forearm ache and it’s a really difficult to pull in the lever. Any thoughts? It’s a 4 plate with uprated springs.
Another thing occasionally when in 3rd at the top of the Rev range on the cusp of changing into 4th the bike jolts (like it’s jumped out of gear) could this be a result of the clutch issues or an actual gear box problem?

Final question, if I change to a remote filter would I need to change the jetting in the carb as currently running through airbox
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Start off with a fresh oil change (90wt ND for wet clutch, every scooter shop sells it). It sounds like once the motor gets hot the clutch starts to bind up. Could be due to an oil issue or something mechanical. You won't for sure know until you get in there.

Gear jumping could be a shimming issue, worn gear, worn selector. Again, you should get in there and take a look. Make sure the cables are correctly adjusted first.

When changing from an air box to a remote filter (presumably to get more air flow), you will most defiantly need to change the jetting. Could be just the main or you might need to make adjustments to each jet.

Sticky's book is an excellent guide and will help you visualize what's going on in and how to fix your motor. Good luck.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information