Building for a V5

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chippy

bsso78 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:45 pm This is one reason I try not to comment and offer advice. There’s always someone pops up with a different opinion. I wrote a guide to registering a scooter when I was writing for Scootering a few years ago and such did the research and double checked it.
If the inspector turns up and wants to see it running and it doesn’t they can refuse to pass it. Alternatively you can take the chance. Up to you old bean.
By the way has anyone got a scan of the article that someone said Scootering printed a couple of months ago? Just to be sure they aren’t reprinting my work.
I've bottled it. Sold the frame and got one with a V5 :D
Mark 1
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

That is not correct if it is over 40 years old so for example, early Indian SIL GP's (75/6 - 78) and API S2's etc do not require an MOT

Yes, my bad :( forgot how old some Indian GP’s were. Still think of them as l
‘The new ones’. I must be getting old!

Mark
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

bsso78 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:45 pm This is one reason I try not to comment and offer advice. There’s always someone pops up with a different opinion. I wrote a guide to registering a scooter when I was writing for Scootering a few years ago and such did the research and double checked it.
If the inspector turns up and wants to see it running and it doesn’t they can refuse to pass it. Alternatively you can take the chance. Up to you old bean.
By the way has anyone got a scan of the article that someone said Scootering printed a couple of months ago? Just to be sure they aren’t reprinting my work.
Cheer up its a free world "Wiggys lad " ;)
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information