Mugello 200

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
servetaeire
Main scooter: 83 serveta exclusive 150

Mate has Mugello 200 with a prob
30 mm delly
Av 264 tried a 266 made it worse
X7 2nd clip
300 inlet
40 slide
OPEN MOUTH
Bgm v 4
Anthony tambs a.c. stator and cdi
No idea what box is in it but There was a ts1 on it that blew a hole in the piston
New mezz crank and bearings seal fitted
The prob is bogs down in third and doesntv like hills so I reckon it's the gearing any solutions or ideas
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

You need to find out what the box and sprockets are before you'll get any reasonable answers.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
servetaeire

right stripped it down its got sx 200 box on 46 x15 sprockets any body
help out with a gearing solution
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

That should give a 4.7 final drive, which should be ok for that set up.......stuck rings may be an issue, maybe try a compression test.

Whats the timing ? could be too far retarded......just a thought
rosscla

Ok so the gearing for Standard SX is 4.82 which should be OK with that kit.

Usually gearing issues are only apparent in top. Through 1st / 2nd / 3rd it should pull fine, there should be enough power to pull those ratios regardless.

When you say it's bogging in third is this on the flat? Does it pull a bit then bog or just not pull at all?

Does it pull Ok in 1st and 2nd?

Does it rev out cleanly on the stand?

What other jets are fitted - pilot / main / float needle?
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
servetaeire

he says that its fine 1, 2, 3, but hills and inclines it struggles i never ridden it but have been beside him and can see it struggling in top i strobed it with internal and and anthony tambs
external pick ups its the same in both
rosscla

It's probably not timing or carburation

If it's just in top then the box is probably too tall.

Drop the front cog to a 14 or look for a box that's closer to 5 or 5.2.

If it's not too impolite is he a big fella?

I'm 16 stone and my RT can struggle a bit up hills if I've not carried some speed into them and it's on SX gears, on the flat it will pull from 30 in top.
servetaeire

No he's not bout 6ft 13 stone I have Indian gp 200 with 19x47 in my gori sport bgm v4 with 28mm delly im bout same weight mine goes like a bullet in all gears
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

Presumably the Dell'Orto fitted is the PH range.

Personally, I don't like them, but working with them has meant I have learnt a thing or two, & one of the common mistakes is that the metal plate that fits between the slide & the slide spring is fitted wrongly.

The needle & it's circlip need to be fitted BELOW that plate. Otherwise, the needle will not be returned with the slide & choke the engine, very much like what your mate is experiencing.....
rosscla

If you're on 19/47 with the late Indian GP box your final ratio is about 4.94 but it's a different kit so you might expect it to perform a bit differently.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information