Readspeed Lukas CDI

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mrnice71
Main scooter: Lambretta series 3

Do you run the Readspeed Lukas CDI with or without a voltage regulator on A/C ? Cheers
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

With.There information sheet says "no ADITIONAL regulator needed" but you still need a regulator to regulate the power coming from your stator plate.
Mrnice71

Dont quite understand you there Paul ? Do you mean regulate the power coming from the CDI unit ?
firekdp

As you'll need a regulator for lights, wherever you connect into the circuit, to feed the cdi, it will be regulated. It can't be any other way.
HxPaul

HxPaul wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:21 pm With.There information sheet says "no ADITIONAL regulator needed" but you still need a regulator to regulate the power coming from your stator plate.
I run a Lukas CDI unit.I use a regulator as normal but I run my unit from the output side (the regulated side)of the regulator and have an Anthony Tambs external pickup thus cutting out the need for anything to be used on the stator plate,especially the LT coil which is the week point on a stator plate.You can still use the pickup on the stator plate by swapping the wire that comes out of the stator plate(red wire) for the wire that comes out of the external pickup.If you dont use an external pickup you can still use the pickup on the stator plate.
Mrnice71

Ok cheers guys
HxPaul

HxPaul wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 8:53 am
HxPaul wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 6:21 pm With.There information sheet says "no ADITIONAL regulator needed" but you still need a regulator to regulate the power coming from your stator plate.
I run a Lukas CDI unit.I use a regulator as normal but I run my unit from the output side (the regulated side)of the regulator and have an Anthony Tambs external pickup thus cutting out the need for anything to be used on the stator plate,especially the LT coil which is the week point on a stator plate.You can still use the pickup on the stator plate by swapping the wire that comes out of the stator plate(red wire) for the wire that comes out of the external pickup.If you dont use an external pickup you can still use the pickup on the stator plate.
Should read.................................

.................anything to be used on the stator plate,apart from the lighting coils that run through the regulator
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information