Quatrini 210 and chisel speed exhaust

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Grumpy225
Main scooter: Gori200, rt195, ld150,rb20

Quatrini 210 and chisel speed exhaust, not fitting together. As you can see the pipe hits the shroud and the front hangar is no where close to the case. I've reached out to Martin at CS but have not heard back. Before I chop up this very expensive exhaust has anyone else run in to this issue with these exhausts before? The front bracket looks like it was welded on in the wrong position and the big cone is just too close to the tin. I test fit another exhaust (modified Taffspeed MK3) I have for a RB20 and that cleared everything/lined up like it should. I just want it to fit correctly so I can move on to the next project.

Grumpy225

Just to be clear, I'm not bashing Chisel Speed or Martin. The pipe looks really well made and if I'm doing it wrong I'll be the first to say so.
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Shouldn't the exhaust fit at the other side of the bracket.
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

Yep , I would agree with that ....bracket goes on closest to the casing .
Grumpy225

nellyboyo wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 pm Yep , I would agree with that ....bracket goes on closest to the casing .
HxPaul wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:29 pm Shouldn't the exhaust fit at the other side of the bracket.

I just heard back from Martin and he said the same thing. I still suspect the welded bracket has a bend in it but I'll try it out and see what happens.
Grumpy225

You all were correct, I had the mounting bracket on the wrong side of the pipe bracket. It now fits a lot better but still has some bend that's going to cause some tension in the mount point. I think I can resolve this with some vice time and careful adjusting. Thank you for your help on this.

Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

I was expecting to see some form of AV mount to the main body, but Hey Ho!

I know that shop bought Clubman’s are doggedly still rigidly mounted (which I suppose is fine if they are made of very thick steel or you have your own welding set) but was under the impression that ALL Lambretta specific expansion chambers would be flexibly mounted in this day & age to discourage breakage & allow the exhaust to do its job in resonating appropriately...... :?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information