Would reducing squish require change in jetting

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bidsy
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 Eibar Li150

Had my Granturismo GT200 set up on dyno and jetted but found it could not make top end power. So checked the squish to find it 1.8mm which I now know is too much and needs to be between 1.2mm to 1.5mm so planning on removing the head gasket. the question is if I remove a 0.5mm head gasket to get the squish clearance to 1.3mm would that require any change in jetting. Thanks
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

if the carb was ok up to 3\4 throttle on the dyno then i would leave as is and take it easy and do plug checks and up your main say by2 if your running it in as a fresh build you wont hit main jet for a few hundred miles anyway buy then as you ride it you will notice weather its right or not
Bidsy
Main scooter: Lambretta S2 Eibar Li150

Done 650 miles so far and runs great up 3/4 throttle but no more power after that. Thought it was gearbox to tall so changed to an li150 16x46 made a little difference but not much. Then realised I should of not fitted a head gasket with a 58 / 107 crank, this was after I had it dyno’d, so hoping that bringing the squish down will sort my issue, my concern is I have an 800 mile Europe trip coming up and just like to know if decreasing squish means I need to richen up a bit.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

A dyno can only get you some were near right plug checks listening for pinking and feeling each throttle position will tell you if your lean

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information