24mm Jetex alternatives

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
nellyboyo
Main scooter: Lambretta

I know , someone will say anything will be better than a Jetex. Anyhow , its all I've got available and I've already spent a fortune ....just trying to set up up this Jetex SH2 thats been bored out to 24mm. Got a 152 main , 50 starter and 50 pilot in it at the moment.The top atomizer hole has been enlarged as well .
Its a hi flow filter and drilled air box, an MB Indian 215 kit with a 60/100 crank and an Avanti Exbox pipe ...
My question is ....if I can`t get the jetting right using this carb what are my options and still be able to use hose through the airbox ?? The price on genuine delorto 22mm`s are a bit silly so what , more modern cab will fit I don`t really know the difference between PHBH etc etc
My other scoots have open mouth Kehin carbs and I can sort them out with my eyes closed .
I`m a bit lost in dellorto country :D
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I have a 25 mil jetex that I use on my series 1(I have three scooters and the other two have PHBL 25 carbs)The series 1 has a Casa 185 kit and an AF clubman.I run that through an undrilled airbox with the baffle removed and an ordinary air filter element,it uses a 130 main jet,a 48 pilot jet and is set up with the 200 atomiser.It runs really well.
Warkton Tornado No.1
Main scooter: Lambretta SX200

nellyboyo wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:01 am I know , someone will say anything will be better than a Jetex. Anyhow , its all I've got available and I've already spent a fortune ....just trying to set up up this Jetex SH2 thats been bored out to 24mm. Got a 152 main , 50 starter and 50 pilot in it at the moment.The top atomizer hole has been enlarged as well .
Its a hi flow filter and drilled air box, an MB Indian 215 kit with a 60/100 crank and an Avanti Exbox pipe ...
My question is ....if I can`t get the jetting right using this carb what are my options and still be able to use hose through the airbox ?? The price on genuine delorto 22mm`s are a bit silly so what , more modern cab will fit I don`t really know the difference between PHBH etc etc
My other scoots have open mouth Kehin carbs and I can sort them out with my eyes closed .
I`m a bit lost in dellorto country :D
If originality is key, then it's understandable why riders would wish to keep standard looking carburettors, points ignitions etc. I suppose that is why some of us hoard stuff like SH18's - SH22's & OEM rectifier boxes with no immediate intention of use......

However, a keen anorak will spot differences between original 'original' fittings & copies, so I doubt you are over concerned about that with a Jetex.

I think you have answered your own query, in a roundabout way, because Keihin carburettors & their derivatives are a really good product.

For less than 20 quid, you could obtain a 24 mm PWK that you could fit & forget, once checked over & blueprinted. Allied to a modified manifold (there are rubbers with flanges available, which would be one possibility) you could have a very efficient carburettor that would run well through an air filter, due to the built in overflow (unlike the Dell'Orto PH range which are in reality a botched up four stroke carburettor with a tendency to flood)

You could spend a lot more money, than the cost stated, on getting your Jetex sorted than the cost of a brand new PWK....
nellyboyo

Yes, fair point ...I`m no anorak , I just wanted to run something through an airbox for once to save on a bit of noise... I`ll look into the manifolds available for a 24mm PWK and what hose is needed ...It could be cheaper and less mucking about in the long run as you say ....tidy
rosscla

Something like the PHBL25 or a 24mm PWK would sit nicely on the MB flange manifold and the BGM hose would let you connect it to the airbox.

Even the Phbh sits vertical and no squishing on the panel
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
corrado
Dealer
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

BGM 24mm kit that I'm selling, I got these from MB a while ago, take into account the cost of all the extras.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/233192783005
nellyboyo

Sorted Martin.
rosscla

That's a good deal.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information