Troubleshooting inboard semi-hydrolic

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Tv175 original break and steel disk. I bought a new semi hydraulic back plate. Reservoir is behind the horn cast. I have a bleeding kit and pretty confident it's good.

Took anti rattle clip off. Holes in disk are 13/32. Copper grease on the 3 pegs. New oil seal for the speedo area. I cleaned the disk surface. Newfren sintered pads. Pads move free. First pad is 4mm proud of the inside lip.

Break pull is hard and I can get it to half way. this puts resistance on the disk but I can still push the scooter.

This can't be correct as I know others have good results. Is it the back pad needs to be moved more forward?

Or I should rebleed?

Tx
David

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

Can you pull the lever all the way back to the bar?
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

Davidsquaredson wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:55 am Tv175 original break and steel disk. I bought a new semi hydraulic back plate. Reservoir is behind the horn cast. I have a bleeding kit and pretty confident it's good.

Took anti rattle clip off. Holes in disk are 13/32. Copper grease on the 3 pegs. New oil seal for the speedo area. I cleaned the disk surface. Newfren sintered pads. Pads move free. First pad is 4mm proud of the inside lip.

Break pull is hard and I can get it to half way. this puts resistance on the disk but I can still push the scooter.

This can't be correct as I know others have good results. Is it the back pad needs to be moved more forward?

Or I should rebleed?

Tx
David

Have you tried the brake on the road,maybe the pads just need bedding in.
hendy

HxPaul wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2019 8:30 am
Have you tried the brake on the road,maybe the pads just need bedding in.
The disc brakes on my pedal bike were appalling when I first got it. My last 3 have had discs and the previous 2 were good from the start. I spoke to the shop who advised bedding in by hard braking without coming to a stop..it made an astonishing difference.

I know it's not a bicycle but the principle applies.
Davidsquaredson
Main scooter: Early Eibar Jet 200

Tx, I learned something new today. I was not aware of the bedding in. I have scootrs and SSC disks on other lammies and they gripped like a fat lady on a cheeseburger from the start.

I will also tighen the stationary pad a bit and then try it out.

I've got the cable on the MC setup such that full pull is achieved when handle lever is 1/2 way.

I also did the trick of holding the lever on with rubber bands for 24hrs which allows any remaining air bubbles to move up to the top of the MC.

David

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
carpe scooter diem

1974 Rally 200
1965 Li150
1963 TV175
1974 Eibar Jet200
hendy

If you can't pull it more than half way, then it doesn't need bleeding.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information