Inboard disc

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
chippy

Anyone using one of the remade inboard front disc brakes. Either hydraulic or cable. Any opinions would be grateful
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I'm using a ScootRS inboard disc,cable operated with a reverse pull set up.Unfortunately you cant buy them new as they've stopped trading.
tavspeed

wouldnt bother with a cable operated one,spent hours trying to get a one to work that came on a tv 175,lever went all way back to the grip with standard and reverse pull set up.
new actuator still the same.so he decided to buy a new remade one,guess what still the same and the speedo was erratic,suppose nothing goes in the skip in vietnam,
havent any experience of the hydraulic inboard disc,but if you need to stop quickly,outboard hydraulic all day long,cheers all
chippy

tavspeed wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:25 pm wouldnt bother with a cable operated one,spent hours trying to get a one to work that came on a tv 175,lever went all way back to the grip with standard and reverse pull set up.
new actuator still the same.so he decided to buy a new remade one,guess what still the same and the speedo was erratic,suppose nothing goes in the skip in vietnam,
havent any experience of the hydraulic inboard disc,but if you need to stop quickly,outboard hydraulic all day long,cheers all
Heading that way, blow the original look. Used PM tuning ones with no issues so another of them looks favourite
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

I've got hydraulic inboard. Don't really rate it. Although to be fair, the pads have only done about 10 miles so they're not bedded in yet.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

I've had properly done taffspeed & MB inboard hydraulics where the slave screws into a threaded backplate. They work well.

I've also tried a couple of the pop in versions that don't need to have the backplate modified, a cheaper Viet one and a UK made one with a larger piston diameter. Neither of those were very satisfactory mainly due to flex in the circlip leading to a very spongy feel.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information