Ideal rb setup

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Bensmith225
Main scooter: Lambretta gp monza 225

Bought a used rb22 kit with vhsb 34 and a modified jl3 exhaust, since the jl3 was missing a load of bits Ive got an nk race off a mate to stick on it for now. I’ve got a 60/110 pro porting crank an li150 box with 16/46 sprockets, if it comes to it I’ll drop down to 15/46 to get a better final drive ratio. Question is I’ve never spoken to anyone using an rb modified jl3 and wondered if it’s worth buying the missing bits or just stick with the nk race? Harry Barlow is porting the barrel to improve some of the design flaws he’s pointed out so I should have a bit more torque over standard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

rb200 out the box 22hp rb225 out the box25hp rb250 out the box 30hp i dont call that a design fault we call it progress from 6hp or 11hp and the ideal set up will be whatever tune he does to suit the parts you have
Bensmith225
Main scooter: Lambretta gp monza 225

There are some design flaws in the inlet, the outer reeds hit the cylinder in the corners both preventing it from opening fully and causing it to eventually crack off on that corner, also the bottom of the inlet actually kicks up rather than down, he’s not changing the port timings or altering the exhaust port. I’m interested to hear from anyone who has had experience with a jl3, and what gear combination works best with the li150 box, I’ve already ridden an rb on an nk race so know what to expect with that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

The two pope will be chalk cheese.

JL will have peak power at lower RPM, NK race is a rev-monster.... so the question about whether or not to buy the bits is dictated by whether you want a tour pipe or race pipe.
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information