LED COB Headlights (spanners manual)

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Rival
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150 Italian

The LED COB Headlights as shown in the green spanners manual, do they work ok?, significant improvement over a halogen?
Rival
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150 Italian

Anyone?
Monty
Main scooter: Series 1 Muggy, Imola Special

As no one else is around I will throw in my 2p
I have looked at a lot of LED options over the years and in my case I opted for a HID conversion that I’m sure would not pass an MOT if I needed one. LED come in ranges from the old dome type that you still see in some replacment bulbs for tail lights and the like, the light outputs are crap, next came the SMD type, again multiple devices giving decent brightness but lots of small lights ok for a taillight but s**t beams. Then Cree LEDs These are amazingly high output LEDs but they are starting to get very hungry for power, in the world of Lambretta the reason we all try these lamps is for the reduction in load. All these need DC to work, if you are running AC stick to standard filament lamps. COB lamps are a bit better power wise not as bright as Cree but I have not tested the headlight lamps as per Sticky’s. I have tried all the above in pathfinders, spots and they give a general light but the beams as such are not good, I opted for the Jockey focused reflector headlight and with the HID is as good as they get. I do run a full Wassel DC system and the HID is brighter than a 65w H4 halogen lamp but with only 35w load, it all comes down to better staters for more power. Personally go DC dich the reeded glass and standard reflector then try LEDs
Monty.
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

https://www.classiccarleds.co.uk/collec ... 9030141023

These are brilliant and well worth the money.
Have one on my Jet fitted with Jockeys headlight unit and I'm on full DC.
A mate said its like having a floodlight behind him when I follow him
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

Sadly Sold Out
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
purple_pill67
Main scooter: Jet200

Send him a message to see when they are back in, he's been helpful when I've been in contact.
I got some car dash lights off him too.
He's an ex scooterist and I believe working with scootering on getting a standard lammy fitting one tested. Still be DC though.
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

out of interest which page cant find it but interested
rosscla

nick b wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:43 pm out of interest which page cant find it but interested
P139 green cover
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

cheers
rosscla

purple_pill67 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:26 pm Send him a message to see when they are back in, he's been helpful when I've been in contact.
I got some car dash lights off him too.
He's an ex scooterist and I believe working with scootering on getting a standard lammy fitting one tested. Still be DC though.
Yes, responded promptly and apparently back in stock now.

How hot does the heatsink get and how have you avoided the existing wiring getting in the way / touching it?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information