SS200 Kit Problems

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
fsmlittler

I’m running a PHBH30 with Casa spec jetting.

I tried dropping the needle down as far as possible and it improved a bit. A swap from an x7 to an x13 wouldnt run right at all. I’m going to try a smaller main jet next.
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

Yes they do take off great fun but wouldn't worry about the main jet yet start with pilot jet air screw set this first then kneedle then take for small run and check plug colour I'll have a look in my book and see what I had as I started on a pbh

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

garry inglis

Here you are from 2016 at chiselspeeds forget the mtech pro side of things but it could be the exhaust I no I stated with a franspeed super tourer and below 5000rpm it was crap put an ads 3 on and transformed it but try these and see how you get onImageImage

garry inglis

Then I got the ads5 road race witch is very similar to the Fran race and probably jl3 so it might be just jetting

fsmlittler

Cheers Garry
I’m going to try a smaller main jet and see how it goes but it looks like they make very little power below 5000 anyway.
fsmlittler

I’ve played around with slides needles jets the lot and now have a close ratio AF gear set brand new clutch chain and sprockets. I can now pull 4th on the flat which is an improvement but the thing doesn’t want to know under 6000 with no chance of pulling anything other than first at lower revs.
I’ve also replaced the entire electrical system including an A Tambs CDI.
I’m running a JL3 which worked fantastically well on my previous RT kit.
Anyone considering the different kits should definitely go RT in my opinion as this is actually significantly slower in the real world and needs the tits revving off it to get any kind of power. Even
My old Mugello 186 went better than this.
I’m going to try yet another slide and atomiser to see if it helps but so far I’d rate the Casa SS200 as about a 1 out of 10.
garry inglis

It's the exhaust causing the problem a 30mm jetting is ok to get the best from mine was chiselspeeds ads3 which still was slow on 1/4 throttle then put ads5 road race and transformed it you could ride round town in 4th then open it up but it still wasent perfect until you were thrashing it if I was doing another I would lower the port timing to bring the power lower down

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information