AF 5 speed boxes

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Mark 1
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

Hi folks,,
Is anybody running 5 speed AF boxes with 30bhp+ engines? I’m just putting together a Casa 225 engine and looking at AF boxes as the cost of the Cyclone is going to be stretching the budget too far. I know they run them in high power race machines but after some feedback from people with them in road bikes; i.e. are they still working after x thousand miles, any isues aside from the early batches?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Mark 1 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:22 pm Hi folks,,
Is anybody running 5 speed AF boxes with 30bhp+ engines? I’m just putting together a Casa 225 engine and looking at AF boxes as the cost of the Cyclone is going to be stretching the budget too far. I know they run them in high power race machines but after some feedback from people with them in road bikes; i.e. are they still working after x thousand miles, any isues aside from the early batches?

Thanks in advance.

Mark
Interested in this too, got one in a Mugello 186 but might use one for a future high HP/Torque build :D
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

I know Steve Wright runs one in his race and road bike. His road bike is a rb250 and he puts a lot of miles in.
His race bike puts out 39bhp I don’t think he has ever had the road bike on a dyno but he does hammer it. Steve is a friendly bloke and I sure he would be more than willing to chat
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

I used to enjoy listening to him on radio 2 :D
Mark 1
Main scooter: Lambretta GP150

I spoke to Ben at AF last week and now confident the clo5e box will be ok. Nice bloke and I wish I’d recorded the conversation, he literally downloaded a load of useful gearing information on me faster than I could write 😁 hopefully I know which of the two boxes I need.

Cheers
bsso78

After spending last season looking after Steve’s Group 6 racer Team DSC can confirm the gearbox can more than cope with the power.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information