Brake switch 3 wires???

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

Just fitted wiring loom on a rustoration GP that I have just started and found that it has 3 wires for the rear brake light - my switch only has two. Can I still use it or do I need to either change the loom or the switch???

Many thanks in advance!
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
firekdp

Yes you can use the 3 hole type. When activated all 3 positions are connected, so use any of the sockets.
firekdp

Sorry read that wrong and missed the 2 second edit deadline!
So you have 3 wires in the loom at the brake switch?
mick1
Main scooter: Li Avanti 225

Makes sense.......live in from regulator giving a permanent un-switched supply for brake light, this is then joined and goes to headset, basically live in and out......the third wire will be the switched wire to the rear brake light.

So.....2 wires connected together on one side of the switch and a third wire to the other side of the switch.
alanscottj
Main scooter: Lambretta GP SS250 Casa

mick1 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:56 am Makes sense.......live in from regulator giving a permanent un-switched supply for brake light, this is then joined and goes to headset, basically live in and out......the third wire will be the switched wire to the rear brake light.

So.....2 wires connected together on one side of the switch and a third wire to the other side of the switch.
Excellent - I'll have a look and see which twi need joining - saves buying another switch!
Lambretta Series 2 Rat - RB260, SuperTourer, Cyclone 5 gearbox 😎👍
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information