High Cylinder Head Compression

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
coaster

rog60 wrote: I can find nothing rattling or loose except the cylinder cowl is a very tight fit against the cylinder.
Are there any pieces of cork glued inside the cowl? if not you can cut some cork 'discs' from a wine cork and super glue them in.
sean brady scooters
Dealer

you are so lucky to have a missis that is into scoots.............and therefore understands such things then mate....... :D
most of us do not........ :shock: :lol:
Sean Brady Scooters - 01765 690 698
rog60
Main scooter: Indian GP200

coaster wrote:
rog60 wrote: I can find nothing rattling or loose except the cylinder cowl is a very tight fit against the cylinder.
Are there any pieces of cork glued inside the cowl? if not you can cut some cork 'discs' from a wine cork and super glue them in.
Funny, was just thinking of that and wondering what the best material to use would be, thanks mate :idea: :idea: :idea:
NO IT'S NOT A F***IN* MOPED!!!!!!
Speed Demon
Dealer

rog60 wrote:
Neither, it's a noise I can hear at various throttle settings and engine speeds until engine rpm exceeds 5000 (estimated) rpm. i.e. engine is revving quite high. Also engine starts well, idles evenly and performance does not appear affected at any engine speed. :?: :?: :?:
Impossible to diagnose by message really, more likely a rattle from what you've said but not defo. Best solution is to put it on a dyno run by someone who has got a clue. If it's pinking they'll prob be able to sort it (unless its derived from an air leak) or if its simply a rattle you'll be able to walk around the running bike and pinpoint where its coming from.

Try Readspeed, Taffspeed or Diablo Moto.Well worth the money just for peace of mind.
Get to SULK
rog60

Just realized 'Walkman' haven't heard that term in years.....usually MP3 player or I-Pod or something. :D :D :D :D :D
RICSPEED

rog60 wrote:Just realized 'Walkman' haven't heard that term in years.....usually MP3 player or I-Pod or something. :D :D :D :D :D
walkman is still around though mp3 not tapes :D
Its in bits scooter club: www.facebook.com/groups/132415046859320
rog60

shows how out of touch I am, still got my LP's and 45's :!: :!: :!:
rog60

Speed Demon wrote:
rog60 wrote:
Neither, it's a noise I can hear at various throttle settings and engine speeds until engine rpm exceeds 5000 (estimated) rpm. i.e. engine is revving quite high. Also engine starts well, idles evenly and performance does not appear affected at any engine speed. :?: :?: :?:
Impossible to diagnose by message really, more likely a rattle from what you've said but not defo. Best solution is to put it on a dyno run by someone who has got a clue. If it's pinking they'll prob be able to sort it (unless its derived from an air leak) or if its simply a rattle you'll be able to walk around the running bike and pinpoint where its coming from.

Try Readspeed, Taffspeed or Diablo Moto.Well worth the money just for peace of mind.
I've realized that and will get a booking with Readspeed, anyway a massive thanks for all of your input to this issue.
drunkmunkey6969
Main scooter: '69 Lambretta GP

rog60 wrote:shows how out of touch I am, still got my LP's and 45's :!: :!: :!:
78's ? :D
See our YouTube scooter channel for Tech-help: https://www.youtube.com/c/TheScooterFactory/videos
rog60

drunkmunkey6969 wrote:
rog60 wrote:shows how out of touch I am, still got my LP's and 45's :!: :!: :!:
78's ? :D
No can't get the f**king needles anymore for my phonograph (His Master's Voice model) :D :D
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information