Scomadi forks

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Gazjet1
Main scooter: Lambretta

Just got round to fitting a set of Scomadi forks into a series one, they are the correct ones, as in the stem length & pinch bolt slot is at the rear rather than the side. However they will not slide fully through the steering column, and seem to stick approx. two inches short.
Just wondered if anyone else had come across this & how they resolved it, my only thoughts are possibly the steering stop welded on in wrong position?
B1kegrim

Do you mean the PM Tuning forks? Mine fitted fine
Gazjet1

Sorry, yeah PM forks, have fitted loads before with the very little issue, but these will just not push all the way through the steering tube? We’re yours series one’s
B1kegrim

Yes I’ve got a set of their stainless for s1/2 and have tried them in both ‘58 framebreather and a 1960 S2 frame and fit perfect. Can you get a standard set through the steering tube on your frame? Not kinked is it?
Gazjet1

Unfortunately don’t have the old set to try, am fairly confident frame is fine, had it jigged prior to paint?
Will have another go this weekend
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information