ts1 dream buid, what components would you use ?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

hi folks,
been given a ts1 225 to rebuild by a friend, he wants it to be bullet proof and reliable, he already has a 34 mm mikuni on it and a tsr evo, he is happy with the gearbox and final drive ratio, so I was looking for recommendations, I was thinking of sticking a 62 crank in it and a new piston plus the usual bearings and seals, plus a bit of porting, maybe a mammoth head, reed packer and fibre reeds, whats your thoughts ?
thanks in advance,
holty
garry inglis
Main scooter: ts1 230 and rb200

You have just said what is a good set up a 62 crank would need the exhaust port raised and widend why not use a 116 rod and 30mm piston I've just fit the mammoth head and the temp difference is amazing

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

LI150
Main scooter: Series 2 LI150

Fit a mammoth head, there is one in the for sale section 😉
paul213

I spoke to Harry Barlow at wickstead about a 62mm crank in a ts1 and was advised against it as it would result in too high an exhaust timing he said 60mm was the way to go for a touring style engine.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information