electronic ignition wiring confusion

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Hi Holty thanks buddy...yes I'm grumpy these days it really doesn't take much . grrr
I hadn't realised that you could preview images as well as text. I can never remember the correct link for images. I really can;t understand why the Magazine cannot afford to fund hosting a few images a week for members.

I;ll try and remember to preview in future.
Martin20
Main scooter: Lambretta LI 150 Special

Hi Johnny. Are you now up and running with the set up a per your diagram? Going 12volt was going to be my next job, but not so sure now!😯
johnny650
Main scooter: lambretta 64 li 150 Special

Martin20 wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:48 pm Hi Johnny. Are you now up and running with the set up a per your diagram? Going 12volt was going to be my next job, but not so sure now!😯
Hi Martin.
There were times in the past week that I thought I wouldn't be able to sort out the wiring for this conversion but I persevered and got there in the end. Once you understand it from first principles it all becomes clear and you can see why most of the diagrams and guides out there are misleading or simply ambiguous at best.

The problem is that every electrical diagram out there assumes too much has missing or incorrect connections and none of the guides have a thorough detailed explanation. Most of them are simply copy pasted from the same sources and you can see the exact same rubbish pasted time and again all over the net.

First you need to decide if you just want to convert from 6v to 12v or if you intend to convert to a fully electronic 12v ignition system .

If you just want to convert your existing 6v AC system to either 12v AC or 12v DC then its quite straightforward and inexpensive.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information