Suzuki 190

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
daveyf
Main scooter: lambretta 125 dl

Great advice thank you. Would I need 1st oversize?
hendy
Main scooter: lambretta li 125

daveyf wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:34 pm Great advice thank you. Would I need 1st oversize?
Depends what you have now. It might be better to get af to do it. They'll rebore it, supply the piston and make sure they match up. Then you can just tickle the ports and Bob's your uncle. I think af do suitable mahle ones for around 40 quid. They're reasonable quality, but I'm not sure about diamond ones.
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

your 190 head should be re profiled to suit a suzuki piston so will not work with a tv piston
hendy

holty wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:15 pm your 190 head should be re profiled to suit a suzuki piston so will not work with a tv piston
I think he's got a 175 kit now, but every chance the head will still needc to be profiled. Depending how fussy you are and how far out it is.
daveyf

Thank you, I have a few more options I had not considered. As I understand I can use the 175 barrel with TV175 piston and get head reprofiled. I dont have the piston from this but have the barrel and head

OR I can get the 175 barrel rebored to 190, use the cylinder head which came with the 190 barrel that I don't want and use a Suzuki piston.
Muttley McLadd

Do you use it a lot?
If it's your daily, and you're doing 50 or 60km a day, forking out for some sort of an off the shelf kit could pay for itself pretty quickly. Esp if you've already got a proper carb you could use.
Riding something with a 20mil carb on... that's never going to be pleasant, if you're in a hurry.
CakeAndArseParty
holty
Main scooter: lambretta gp

using your 175 barrel and boring it to use the 64mm suzuki piston is a good move, the jap piston and rings are very good, and as you have said you will be able to use your original head as well, a little bit of port work will give good results, as will setting the squish, you may have to cut the skirt of the piston to get enough inlet timing.
hendy

holty wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:09 am using your 175 barrel and boring it to use the 64mm suzuki piston is a good move, the jap piston and rings are very good, and as you have said you will be able to use your original head as well, a little bit of port work will give good results, as will setting the squish, you may have to cut the skirt of the piston to get enough inlet timing.
Best suggestion yet.
daveyf

thanks everyone, I will update you on progress. This is a new project , also got a GT186 on my GP so have got something for when in a hurry. Use the scoot about once a week for getting to work and for pottering about on with the occasional longer trip.
Lamaddict

I put a Suzuki piston in a TV175 barrel with a 60x115 rod, Chiselspeed did the head properly and a 22 Dellorto, did use a 20mm and the 22 hardly made a difference. Used a standard exsaust. I didn’t mess the the ports they were big enough. Does a true 60-62MPH all day long and it’s a joy to ride.
Careful with the rings they go in one way only.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information