Headsets

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

After a one sided argument with a wet drain cover I've smashed my GP headset (including rim, glass, speedo - the whole shebang). Swallowing the grief of seeing my vintage 80s engraved polished headset in pieces, I need another. It was an Italian one - can I fit an LI or SX one or does it have to be a GP?
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

gp
Daggs

I'm not so sure; I think an SX/TV non chrome ring type might fit. But you would need all the internals too.
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Daggs wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:25 am I'm not so sure; I think an SX/TV non chrome ring type might fit. But you would need all the internals too.
I think you're right you can interchange them as long as you have the correct internals would be a lot cheaper than finding an italian GP headset with the prices people are asking for them.
the man don't give a f@@k
wrecklessrobbie
Main scooter: li150

Gp headset top and bottom on facebook at the moment. £320.
Not sure if Italian or Indian.
Lambretta Scooter parts for sale.
Might be what you need.
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

just seen a sil top and bottom for 35 an 40 at scooter restorations what is it with these inflated prices I gave 2 lambrettas an sx and a tv200 away in the early 80s and endless parts including complete engines I nust have been mad
HxPaul
Main scooter: lambretta Li 150

I think its because they were broken and nobody cared in those days that they have become very rare nowadays and as a consequence they command such high prices.
chippy

Good Italian gp headsets are getting harder and harder to find unfortunately. People aren't selling them as they are keeping them incase they have an unfortunate accident like yourself.
EddieStone
Main scooter: Lambretta Li 150

I used to wince when I used to read in JetSet about 'another smashed SX headset' in some random race somewhere. They're preserving scooters on one hand, then racing them and smashing them on the other!

Any way, thanks for your replies. Looks like it's an Italian headset. Bizarrely, it was on an '87 Indian
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information