AF close ratio 4 speed gearbox

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
db67

Hi, currently running a Ts 225 ,yamaha 110 rod crank with a 2.5mm cylinder packer,BGM clubman exhaust & 30mm dellorto carb,gearing is early li 125 with 17x46 sprockets giving me a 4.99/5.0 final drive in 4th, it pulls ok with this set up but was just contemplating purchasing an AF close ratio 4 speed gearbox to maybe increase the performance & top speed,i know the BGM clubman restricts top speed as opposed to a performance pipe but I prefer the torquey set up the clubman gives.i will be interested to hear your thoughts. many thanks ;)
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

i changed my set up gear wise from sx200 box to the af 4 speed on my super monza tbh it made a difference in the gear changes but not too much top end wise.Main difference was not getting the drop off in revs between 3 and 4 making it much more ridable and getting to the top end speed wise quicker(not that i want to do 80mph all the time) much better box imho but has to be working in line with everything else you are using,saying that i destroyed the cluster on the IOW so they aren't indestructable if you give it full wack.
the man don't give a f@@k
db67

Hi, thanks for the info & honest reply, I think I will leave my set up as it is for now, & besides it's a lot of money to spend if you do end up breaking it ! 😮 thanks again 😉
GTFOMWSC
Main scooter: GP230 Super Monza CS Tuned

Their 5 speed now they have the issue sorted may make a difference though,i'm thinking of it as a change for one of mine(not the super monza) this could make a difference with your set up someone with a bit more knowledge of yours might help on that score.
the man don't give a f@@k
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information