Grabbed a S1.... what to do?

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
Fux
Main scooter: li150 S2

So, I picked up a bargin S1 (£600) and I am planning on rebuilding the engine with a kit of some sort to fit in my series 2 because my youngest at 15 is currenty taking his 125 license and the S1 came with a 125 motor, so I can re-register my S2 as a 125.

He can take his test in may and would love to ride to the rallies with me next year. :D

Anyway, the plan for the S1 150, is to fit my SS motor, damper brackets and outboard disk and do something about the paintwork.

A previous owner has lovingly removed the paint off the legshields, handlebar lower, mudguard and frame loop.

The scoot is very streight and the bodywork is in unbeliveble nick apart from rust where the pannel badges have been.

The red paint on the horncast,pannels and handlebar top are original and actualy pretty good nick.

I think I would like to preserve the red bits and maybe sand off the surface rust on the rest and keep as is. I think it would look ok but though I would ask what you fellas think?

Obviously, I need to find a way to preserve the bare metal. If I can get away with not painting it would save me enough cash to to get both scooters up and running with top quality parts next spring.
Toddy
Main scooter: Lambretta Series 1

That’s a good buy that mate looking forward to seeing what you do with it :D
As my Dad used to say "Each to their own lad"
Meds1
Main scooter: Lambretta li150s

Coat with ACF 50 regularly. It will preserve the metal, others use wax oil.
I’ve a set of panels that have been preserved in the same conditions as the leg shields for the last 4 years using ACF50
There’s a plenty of info on preserving if you do a search
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information