BGM / RT 225CC KIT

Anything related to Lambrettas... ask tech questions, post helpful info, or just read and learn.
rosscla
Main scooter: Lambretta

That ^

Changing the ratio has improved his perception of the motor, it pulls up hills and his fuel economy is up - he's much happier with it now.
"Our dilemma is that we hate change and love it at the same time; what we really want is for things to remain the same but get better."
nick b
Main scooter: gp200and rt195

I sort of understand that the 150 gears are the worst ratio for all the new stuff and also the tv 200 gearbox [ the scooter I gave away in 1982 knob] isn't great the125 and pacemaker seem to work better in modern engines
Spaniard
Main scooter: lambretta jet 200

I am running this cilinder (225cc) , done approx 5000 miles on it now , and i am very happy with it ,
its economical , a broad powerband , very reliable till now , ok its not a ts1 with 20+ horsepower ,
but i like piston ported cilinders , i have set it up with the bgm clubman v4 , 28 mm dellorto , casatronic ignition , this cilinder runs very sweet and smooth , lots of torque ,
had a great time with it this summer , if i get on my lambretta , i dont want to come off :D

grtz
John
woody

Right chaps i,ve bought one of these kits ( got a good deal on it too i think ) next question is whats the best gearbox/sprocket set up to use with it , i was thinking Li 150 as i,ve already got a good spare one , thanks
immylam

replaced a rapido road 225 with the RT225 in my Jet 200, scootopia exhaust and 30mm delly , better all round than the rapido a bit more top end and doesn't use as much petrol. Not the performance I get from my RB but then it is more a touring set up. Might change the exhaust at some point but fed up with Ancillotis and bgm clubmans falling to bits after a 18 months. Scootopia was a cheap option.
Doom Patrol
Main scooter: Jet 200
Location: Second star on the right and straight on till morning

woody wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 am Right chaps i,ve bought one of these kits ( got a good deal on it too i think ) next question is whats the best gearbox/sprocket set up to use with it , i was thinking Li 150 as i,ve already got a good spare one , thanks
Mine pulls a TV200 gearbox. Admittedly with a 47 tooth sprocket. But it goes well. I'd say the SX200 gearbox would be ideal.
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

woody wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 10:57 am Right chaps i,ve bought one of these kits ( got a good deal on it too i think ) next question is whats the best gearbox/sprocket set up to use with it , i was thinking Li 150 as i,ve already got a good spare one , thanks
.. what exhaust (and carb)? This will really influence the gearing required.
woody

30mm rubber mounted dellorto , but not sure of exhaust yet as havnt got one
Adam_Winstone
Main scooter: Lambretta GP

Really you need to determine what exhaust you want to use before you can determine the gearing as pipe choice will make a huge difference to the ratio that you need. If people are going to come back with worthwhile recommendations then you'll need to confirm how you like to ride (town, tour, sedate low rev, high rev hooligan, etc.), then people can offer advice on pipe and gearing.

Get the wrong combination of pipe and gearing and you could end up with a bike is constantly out of the power in 4th or revs like a banshee but is very restricted on top end (although revving like a banshee can still provide amazing top end if the gearing and pipe are right!).

As Sticky pointed out 20 years ago, when doing a TS1 exhaust test, Belfast University suggested that exhaust characteristics was probably one of the biggest (if not the biggest) influence on 2-stroke performance. As this must go hand in hand with exhaust choice (and other factors, e.g. do you weigh 7 stone or 27 stone), hence looking for this info before being able to offer you good advice.

Adam
woody

Right , i,m twelve an a half stone and mainly ride solo , i,m looking for something like a fast tourer but also use the scoot round town , basically i,m looking for a nice reliable ride / set up to suit this use is this possible ? cheers
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic
  • Information